CGMMV Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus
- The genus Tobamovirus is seed-borne, mechanically transmitted stable viruse.
- The representative species is CGMMV.
- CGMMV is a very damaging plant virus in many cucurbit (mainly cucumber and melon) growing areas of the world.
- All cucurbits are susceptible.
How it is spread
- CGMMV can spread in various ways.
- Seed-borne virus : CGMMV is spread by infected seed with virus particles carried on both the outside and the inside of the seed coat.
- CGMMV is mechanically transmitted stable viruses.
- CGMMV symptoms on young seedlings may be indistinct or difficult to recognize.
- In severe infections embryonic leaves may become yellow, but symptoms may not be apparent until more mature leaves emerge.
- Mature leaves may display mottling or mosaic patterns.
Typical symptoms on greenhouse cucumber
Typical symptoms on oriental melon
CGMMV which is difficult to control.
Can it be now controlled by Johnider V2 products.